How to SET UP BT WIFI Extender.
Table of Contents
What is a WIFI Extender?
WIFI BOOSTER VS WIFI Extender?
- BT Wi-Fi Extender 1200 with 11ac 1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi.
- BT Essentials Wi-Fi Extender 300 with N300 Wi-Fi.
- BT Broadband Extender Flex 600 Kit.
- BT Broadband Extender Flex 1000 Kit.
- BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Kit.
- BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Multi-Kit.
BT Dual Band WiFi Extender Setup - WPS method.
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Locate the WPS button on your BT wifi extender 1200 or BT wifi extender 600.
- Locate the WPS button on your BT wifi Home Hub.
Note: If your wifi router does not have WPS button, then your broadband router does not support WPS method. Don’t worry, you can still connect your BT wifi booster by using manual method i.e. without WPS method.
Step #1 Connect your wifi extender near your BT router.
Step #2 Wireless connection to router
- Press the WPS button on BT broadband router for 1 second.
- Immediately within 2 minutes, you need to press the WPS button on the BT Wifi booster for 2 seconds.
- Now, you need to wait for 40-50 seconds till WPS light stops flashing.
Step #3 Move extender to optimum location
|Red||BT wifi extender is either too close or too far from to BT broadband router / BT Home Hub|
|Orange||BT wifi booster is a bit close to BT router/BT Home Hub. But BT wifi extender will work|
|Green||BT wifi extender is at the best distance from the BT wifi router. The BT wifi extender should be at the optimum distance for the best performance.|
Conclusion: BT Wifi Extender Setup.
That’s it! Now you can connect your device in the dead zone or no internet zone in your home. Finally, with the help of this guide, you can connect your BT wifi booster to the BT wifi router. If you like our “How to set up BT WiFi Extender”, then please subscribe to our channel.
Also, check out our “How to reset BT wifi extender” in order to reset BT wifi extender to default factory settings.